Monday, July 25, 2011

The ticking clock

Have a deadline? Fear you won't make it?  I've felt this way for some time! My book has been finished almost a year now and I've hardly touched it for editing. I began editing it once and it terrified me! I read one page and wanted to cry! It was awful! no, it was AWFUL! It was so bad that it's creator didn't even want to be associated with it!

I felt sick with myself! How could I gush to all my friends that I was going to be a published author one day and I couldn't even write something that I liked! But recently I have felt that I needed to get back up on the saddle and try again.


I felt like it was time once more to start working on it. So I worked out in my head how many pages I had to do a day in order to finish by November first -now you might ask why November first- NanoWrimo of course!- Anyways, I figured that with 99 days, with roughly 250 pages, I needed to do two and a half pages a day! And now I find myself ahead of schedule and on a wonderful roll of never ending words as I write away the night! 

Thank you to all those who support me and help me when I need it most! Special Thank you to 
Katie Witt- My best friend and biggest support in the world!

Lizzy Hughes- My other best friend! Always willing to help out when I need it!

and last but by far not the least, Elizabeth Mueller- Wonderful friend! always helping me out when I need and always willing to listen when I need someone to talk to! She has been a wonderful inspiration!

These three women are amazing and the best of friends I could ever ask for! I wouldn't be where I am at without their help! 

Who's an inspiration to you? 
Who is your biggest support?

2 comments:

  1. *HUGS* Konstanz! You're a real sweetie! I'm really sappy, girl, but I must confess that the Lord is my inspiration and my husband is my biggest support. But you know what? If it wasn't for great writerly friends like you who also believed in me, it would be that much harder!

    Thank you for your thoughtful sweetness!!!


    ♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥
    Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?
    YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell coming fall of 2011!
    Pre-order your copy now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Konstanz! You won a signed copy of Darkspell! I'm so happy for you! Please email me whenever you get the chance!


    ♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥
    Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?
    YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell coming fall of 2011!
    Pre-order your early-bird signed copy before July ends!

    ReplyDelete