1. "Don't tell me the moon is shining. Show me the glint of moonlight on broken glass." ~Anton Chekhov
2. "The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say". ~Anaïs Nin
3. "Fill your paper with the breathings of you heart." William Wordsworth
4. "The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug." ~Mark Twain
5. "Storytelling reveals meaning without committing the error of defining it." ~Hannah Arendt
6."When something can be read without effort, great effort has gone into its writing." ~Enrique Jardiel Poncela
7."When you are describing, A shape, or sound, or tint; Don't state the matter plainly,
But put it in a hint; And learn to look at all things, With a sort of mental squint." ~Charles Lutwidge Dodgson
8. "A page a day is a book a year." ~ Richard Rhodes
9. "The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible." ~Vladimir Nabakov
10. "Proofread carefully to see if you any words out." ~Author Unknown
11. "A writer is someone who can make a riddle out of an answer." ~Karl Kraus
12. "To me, the greatest pleasure of writing is not what it's about, but the inner music the words make." ~Truman Capote
13. "Do not put statements in the negative form. And don't start sentences with a conjunction.
If you reread your work, you will find on rereading that a
great deal of repetition can be avoided by rereading and editing.
Never use a long word when a diminutive one will do.
Unqualified superlatives are the worst of all.
If any word is improper at the end of a sentence, a linking verb is.
Avoid trendy locutions that sound flaky.
Last, but not least, avoid cliches like the plague."
~William Safire, "Great Rules of Writing
I have updated my list of 100 ways to get rid of Writers block and 100 things that are over used in books!! Come check them out! And comment more idea's on there and I will put them on the list!
Plus, I am working on putting together some more lists of 100 writerly things!
100 Fairy Tales Re-told, a list of 100 of my favorite re-tellings of the most popular fairy tales!
100 Favorite Writing Quotes. And
100 Over Done Descriptions!
These will be released one at a time, once a month and will be updated as much as possible!
Also if you have any idea's let me know and I will get that started!
Check out the Jewelry page! I have put up a couple of pieces of jewelry that I make for sale and lot's more to come!!!
I do custom work as well! So if you have anything you would like made, perhaps a birthday gift (I can do necklaces by birthstones) or maybe you just created a piece of jewelry in your book and would love to see it come alive!!!
Her tears poured like rain. Her heart pounding like thunder. All she could do was run, her feet numb from the cold wet ground. She didn't stop to pick up the roses that fell from her weak nimble fingers, she couldn't even stop to pick up her cloak which had slipped from her shoulder's
At 8pm tonight I am going to post one pharagraph. It's going to be the start of a story. And for the entire month of April I want the story to go on and on and on. So comment and put the next line of the story up. Keep commenting and keep the story going. On the last day of April, the person who has commented the most will win a prize!
But. . . there's more. . . Share my blog, and get as many people to participate as possible. At the end of the month, there will be another post where you can comment and tell me how many people you referred to my blog who participated, where you shared my blog and how many times. for each one of those, you will get your name put in a drawing for an amazing prize!