Saturday, April 14, 2012

Mermaids (And Merman)

Mermaids are beautiful creatures on the outside.  And while they can be just as beautiful on the inside, for the most part they aren't.  They use their beauty and voice to lure their victims into the water so that they can drown them.  (Very charming, I know).  Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (movie 4) is a wonderful example of the true nature of Mermaids.
Merman are very different on the other hand.  They hardly ever come to shore and prefer to go unseen by human eyes.

8 comments:

  1. I haven't seen Pirates 4 yet, but think I'll put it on my Netflix Queue today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I just saw CABIN IN THE WOODS last night and a Merman figured rather prominently in part of the plot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. . . Merman are rarely seen in stories.

      Delete
  3. Now there's a thought - mermen. I think I feel a plot bunny coming on...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shame the female ones are depicted as being 'bad.' Great posts, thanks for sharing.

    Bex
    www.leavingcairo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I think one day I will write a mermaid story with good female mermaids. .

      Delete