Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Project ELE~ A book review


Project ELE by Courtney Nuckels & Rebecca Gober
(This book was given to me by the authors for review.  This does not affect my opinion in anyway). 


Millions have already died, and thousands more are perishing daily. As a last ditch effort to preserve the human race, the government implements Project ELE. With the earth heating at rapid speeds, all remaining survivors are forced to turn to F.E.M.A. shelters to wait out ELE's wrath. 

Fifteen-year-old Willow Mosby's life, as she knows it, ends the moment she walks through the shelter's door. Willow has to quickly adapt to the new challenges that shelter life demands, which includes making new friends and working a full time job.

Soon after making an interesting discovery, Willow and her friends start exhibiting strange abilities. Seeking answers, they embark on a mission to find out what these new abilities mean and whether they are a gift or a curse. 

This new adventure can send her world crashing down around her. The question is: Can Willow survive the fall?


My review: 
Project ELE is not your typical book.  Definitely  not a typical apocalypse story either.  Right from the beginning this books keeps you on edge, at the end of your seat just begging to know more!  The story did get slow in a few places but even then I couldn't stop reading.

The story is intriguing, the writing is good and you connect with the characters immediately.  I did think that Willow's relationship with Alec went a little too fast, Willow had some moments that didn't feel real and there were a few moments that just weren't believable.  But despite all the things I didn't like,  I still LOVE the book and will continue to read more work from Courtney and Rebecca!  *SPOILER ALERT: This book ends with 'To be continued'*  (I almost cried when I read those words because now I HAVE TO KNOW what happened!

I thought about what rating I would give this book and my first response was to give it 3 music notes.  I thought about giving it four music notes and that didn't seam right.  I do LOVE the book.  This was a hard book to give a rating but after much consideration (and unable to give it only 3 music notes, or four whole music notes)  I give it 3.5 dragons!


To connect with the authors and learn more about Project ELE, CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment