When I started writing, I didn't have a computer of any sort. So what did I do? I hand wrote my books. And I still have them! Want to know some of the reasons hand writing your novels is easier than using a computer? Well let me list a few for you:
- I don't need a back-up copy. There's no way for my documents to get "dumped".
- My notebooks can't be hacked. No need to worry about my work being stolen.
- I can't edit while I write. No really, I use a pen so I can't even erase. This way there is more writing and less worrying about mistakes. I can worry about that AFTER the book is written.
- My book goes where I go. I don't have to worry about lugging around a computer of any sort. My notebook fits in my bag perfectly!
- No computer issues! No freezing, updating or crashing.
- Less distractions. I don't have to worry about checking Facebook or my blogs or e-mails because I'm NOT already on the computer.
- When I'm done, I'm done. Do you write late at night? I do too! And guess what? I don't have to worry about shutting down my computer and making sure my document is saved. I simply close my notebook and hit the lights.
- I get to design my book cover the fun way! The good old fashioned way using actual paper, real scissors and lots of glue. Its multiple craft projects in one. And this way I can find what I like for ideas for future book covers.
- When I'm finished, I can edit my first draft while typing it up. Twice as much work done in half the time.
So honestly, what isn't there to like about hand writing? I LOVE IT! And I do understand that lots of people don't like hand writing anymore. (I think that is just sad, its almost a lost art) but if you do like hand writing and are possibly having a hard time with writing (and even if you're not), I would totally recommend giving the Hand-Writing-Your-Novel a try!