Saturday, October 27, 2012

And Interview with the creator of "Created", Cindy Hogan!

Welcome!  We interrupt our Emergence program because today I am hosting an incredible author on my 

blog!  Meet Cindy Hogan


Konstanz:  Please tell us a little bit about yourself. 

Cindy:  I used to teach German at Olympus High School in Holladay, UT. I loved it. Now, I get my fix of teenagers when I substitute for my friends in Davis County, Utah. I have 2 fabulous teenage daughters and wish they could stay at home with me instead of going to school. My husband is fabulous and supports me like no one else could. My favorite holiday is Halloween and I love dressing up. Maybe that's why I write about a girl who changes identities all the time. I love everything about the outdoors except bugs.


Konstanz: Do you write full time or part time?


Cindy:  I write full time now.

Konstanz:  Do you outline before you write? If not, what's your initial process?

Cindy:  I'm not an outliner. I'm a pantser. I walk in the morning and brainstorm my next section of story and then go home and write it. 


Konstanz: Favorite thing to do that is not related to writing?


Cindy:  I love to watch movies. It's so fun to escape into another world.

Konstanz: Can you share about any current writing projects


Cindy: I am working on 3 books right now. I just sent the first in a new series to my agent and I'm working on book 2 and 3 in that series. I'm also working on a stand alone book with a male protagonist. I love that one.

Konstanz: What is the best advice you've ever received?



Cindy: The best advice I ever got was to go to a writers conference. It changed my life. Anyone who is writing should attend at least one, but probably many. It's kinda fun to think that I teach at them now.

I have to say, that advice is pretty awesome! If you really want to be successful at writing, go to writers conferences.  Now I'm sure you're thinking something along the lines of "Well Cindy is cool but why are we meeting her today?" and I'm gonna tell.  Because she is awesome!!!  (Okay, that is only a part of it.)  

<------  That is why you are meeting Cindy today. Because the third book in her Watched series just came out!!  And I'm pretty sure you should read it!  

Book 3 in the Watched Series

A spy school.
A choice.
A destiny discovered.









We now end this blog post so you may go to GOODREADS and add this book to your shelf. 


 

2 comments:

  1. Nice Interview! It was really nice hearing what both of you had to say and the writing techniques.

    Also, I just re-opened my blog and I would really appreciate you checking it out.
    Here's a link to my newest post:

    http://yadinbromberg.blogspot.com/2012/10/im-back-nanowriwr-is-here.html

    Thanks!
    -Yadin

    ReplyDelete