Monday, December 10, 2012

Twelve Books for Christmas: Book One (US only)

Please welcome Angie Lofthouse! Author of Defenders of the Covenant.  (To read my review of Defenders of the Covenant, CLICK HERE

Here is where you can find Angie:  


Here is where you can find her book: 




Book Blurb: 

Can Earth be Saved?

Hannah and her friends have been warned about the danger lurking outside of their secret refuge from the alien invaders who devastated Earth years before. The teenagers’ leaders
have raised them in the Latter-day Saint faith, teaching them to trust God, but when McKenzie and her rebellious boyfriend Jeremy decide to run away, Hannah and Derek follow, determined to bring their friends home.

Once outside, the four teens soon realize they cannot return to the refuge without endangering everyone there. Captured, enslaved, and separated, Hannah, Derek, and McKenzie
each learn the unique role they must play in liberating the earth. The friends must battle with android soldiers and attack vessels, and face their own inner struggles to overcome the invaders. After all, not even an alien invasion can stop the work of God.

Author Interview: 

Konstanz:  Please introduce yourself! 

              Angie:   I'm Angie Lofthouse. I live in a little town in the foothills of the Wasatch Mountains with my husband and six kids, several cats, a few fish and a flock of chickens. I write sci-fi and fantasy adventures.

Konstanz: Where do you get your  inspiration for your stories?

              Angie:   Here, there and everywhere. I get inspiration from dreams, from music, from nature, from my family, from the scriptures and wherever else I can. I just have to pay attention to what's going on around me.

Konstanz: Where's the most unusual place you wrote down an idea because you didn't have paper when
                  inspiration hit? 

             Angie: Well, if I didn't have paper, I probably didn't have a pen either. I can't think of anywhere unusual that I've written down an idea, but I have been known to repeat it to myself over and over until I could get somewhere to write it down

Konstanz: What was your favorite story growing up?

             Angie: Gosh, I don't know if I could pick one. I was heavily influenced by the Narnia books as well as Madeline L'Engle's Wrinkle in Time and the sequels. I loved Lois Lowry's Anastasia Krupnik books too, and read them over and over

Konstanz: How do you balance writing and life?

             Angie: Very carefully. I have to reassess priorities every day. I try to keep writing up at the top, but of course family comes very first. Some things always get a low priority like TV watching and house cleaning (yeah).

Konstanz: Do you listen to music while your write or do you prefer quiet?

            Angie: I usually like to have music on. I don't get quiet even if I want it and I love to listen to music. Some authors listen to specific music related to the project they are working on, but I usually just turn on the shuffle and let it go. I like a wide variety of music, so I never know what I'll be in the mood for.



The Giveaway: 

No doubt about it, Angie is a pretty awesome person and her book is incredible!  
And to add to her awesomeness, she is giving away ONE Paperback copy!




How to win: 

So. . .you know those links at the beginning of the post?  Well here is where those come in handy.  
To enter, go click on at least one of those links.   "Like" her Author page on Facebeook, Add her books to your Goodreads "TBR" list, "Like" her book on Amazon.  It doesn't matter what you do as long as you do one of those things.  

Then simply fill out the form below and you're entered! 

**Bonus points**
Tell your friends about this awesome giveaway! 

 Tweet about it (Tag me, @KonstanzS). 2pts
Share on Facebook. 2pts
Share on Google+. 2pts
Blog about it. 10pts







And now, HOP along to the other participating blogs! 
(Twelve authors on every blog so make sure to check out each blog each day!) 


2 comments: