Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Iklwa


The Iklwa is another version of the Assegai (which is like a Javelin). Other known names: Ixwa.  It was created by Shaka of the Zulu.  The Iklwa has a two foot shaft with a much larger, wider blade about one foot long.  And used as a stabbing weapon. 



*Disclaimer: I have done extensive research on each of these weapons. I am aware that there are many different versions of each of these weapons. I am not trying to spread false information. If you know and can prove any information wrong, please let me know and I will fix my errors.  I have at least three references for all research on the weapons I will discuss through the challenge. 

17 comments:

  1. I can hurl Iklwa's with deadly accuracy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! I have never held one, I wouldn't know how good I am using it. :)

      Delete
  2. Isn't the number of weapon choices fascinating? It seems endless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do I all of a sudden feel like chopping veggies...hmmm...

    Tina @ Life is Good
    Co-host, April 2013 A-Z Challenge Blog
    @TinaLifeisGood, #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an interesting theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing weapons the whole time? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who knew, lol. Now if only I can remember it next time I play trivia.
    A-Z

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving these posts. I never would have thought of a knife theme. It's interesting to see all these different types.

    #atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Some of these aren't knives . . .I think . . .:) Though most of them will be a form of a blade.

      Delete
  8. I looked it up. Very nasty weapon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Remind me not to sneak up on you in the dark….

    Lyre at Lyre's Musings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't sneak up on me in the dark. :) Funny thing, I always tell people that if they ever break into my house they are in for a surprise. My entire room is filled with knives, daggers, swords, and even a bow and arrows! :)

      Delete