Thursday, April 25, 2013

Voulge


A Voulge is another Glaive, or like the Glaive.  One large difference is how the secondary blade is attached. Rather than having a socket built for it (like on the Glaive), two thirds of the blade was attached to the side of the pole.  



*Disclaimer: I have done extensive research on each of these weapons. I am aware that there are many different versions of each of these weapons. I am not trying to spread false information. If you know and can prove any information wrong, please let me know and I will fix my errors.  I have at least three references for all research on the weapons I will discuss through the challenge. 


8 comments:

  1. I was wondering what you'd have for V! Before your posts the only weapons I was aware of were guns, bow and arrows, and swords.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha V wasn't the hardest letter. Haha oh no, there are so many more!

      Delete
  2. Never heard of it, but it sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't one I had heard of until I went searching for a weapon that started with 'V'. :D

      Delete
  3. This sounds like fun. They had all sorts of ingenious blade-based devices back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 100% new to me and very cool!!
    Thanks!
    XO
    Pen
    Visiting from A to Z: www.penelopecrowe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete