Thursday, June 13, 2013

A Lion in America 1: A Whisper in the Jungle ~ A Book Review


Deep in the African jungle where even the bravest are afraid to venture, lies a truth that will propel James through his improbable American journey, if he can come out alive. James a village boy in Africa receives a scholarship to go and study in America and he becomes the envy of the whole village. His girlfriend Janny is however skeptical of what a long distance relationship can do to love. But when Janny vanishes from the village, James and his dog Simba plunge into the belligerent forest at the risk of his life and his American dream. Love transcends all. ‘A Lion in America’ is a suspense story full of love, humor and adventure, where the answer to love’s dilemma lies with a perfect kiss at the top of the Empire Building in New York City.

My Review: 

A Whisper in the Jungle threw me at first. The style of writing came across more like a journal rather than a story but the story there was just so engaging that I couldn't put it down. Every time I thought about putting it down I realized I had just read another chapter. 

Despite the writing style, I found it very full of detail, every page was full of vivid detail in a way I didn't know possible. This book definitely took me by surprise. 

The mystery keeps you reading, makes you need to know what happened, it was a very fun, very clever story. I will be checking out the second book! 








No comments:

Post a Comment