Monday, June 10, 2013

Rematch ~ A Book Review


Trent Astor is many things—orphan, runaway, musician. But what’s most extraordinary about Trent is that he’s a time traveler. His supernatural gift sends him on missions to the past to save unsuspecting victims from harm. However, when he fails to save the life of a young girl, his life changes in ways he could never have dreamed.

At eleven-years-old, Cassie Moore suffered through a horrific shooting. Tragically scarred from the ordeal, the once promising tennis prodigy was forced to throw away all hope of a future in tennis. Now, as she begins her senior year of high school, the past continues to haunt her. She struggles to find herself, her self-esteem at an all time low. If only she could resolve the past, she might be able to move on with her life. She never imagined that could be possible until she meets the gorgeous new student in her PE class.


My Review: 

I don't think the blurb/synopsis/description, does this book justice! Because when I began reading, I didn't get what I expected. But what I did get was something amazing!!! 

I will admit that when I got the the second chapter I was worried with where the scene/talk might lead but was pleasantly surprised with where it didn't go! Janine has written a wonderful, engaging story that keeps you reading and wanting more! 

And ohh my goodness, it is a good thing that I had the second book on hand when I finished Rematch because the ending leaves your heart pumping, your eyes leaking, your hands sweaty, and you begging for more! 

This book is definitely something different, and something I recommend highly! I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! 

To be honest, the review ended there. But the more I think about it, the more I think that my words just don't do it justice. This book is something unlike any other book I've ever read. It is completely genius. Setting the few conversations aside that I didn't like (they were all based around one topic), I just LOVED the book. 

It really is a fantastic book. Such an incredible plot, amazing twists that I did NOT see coming. And on top of that, near the end you get to see that some times villains aren't villains but simply victims who made the wrong choice. And that part made be bawl my eyes out! 

Janine is an incredible author who has written some incredible books!!! I can't wait to post my review of the second book in the Vortex series! 



6 comments:

  1. I can't thank you enough for sharing your views on REMATCH with your followers. You are awesome, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! It was my pleasure! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow. Great review. And I love that cover. It's really eye catching. No pun intended! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I do agree, I absolutely LOVE the cover!

      Delete
  3. Great review! I recently read a book where the main character time traveled and I have been looking for another book that had a time traveling theme! I think I found it! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete