Wednesday, July 24, 2013

It only takes a minute!

Reading a novel can take anywhere from an hour to three hours. Running errands can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 5 hours. Writing a blog post can take anywhere from 1 minute to ten hours! Drinking a cup of your favorite drink can take anywhere from one swig (which takes 30 seconds) up to 24 hours or more!

Making someone's day? All it takes is one second. One click, one like, one smile. 

Let me explain. You see, talking to my lovely friends on Facebook, I asked if anyone wanted to see a picture of my violins. And of course, being the supportive, amazing friends that they/you are, the answer was yes! I posted the following picture. 


With this caption: 

The electric/white violin is Sharp. Named after Steven Sharp Nelson. (The Piano Guys)The brown/traditional is Silendra! Named BY Steven Sharp Nelson!



The picture got many likes and comments. So I posted it to my personal page as well. And the most amazing thing ever happened. 

. . . 


In case you can't see it, that is Steven Sharp Nelson himself, liking my picture! Oh my freaking goodness, yes I fangirled FOR HOURS!!!!!

And how long did it take for him to like that picture? A second. One second. He took one extra second out of his busy life, to like MY PICTURE! Is it the best thing that will ever happen in my life? No. Is it the most important? Probably not. Did it mean the world to me? YES! 

Take an extra second, even a minute, to make someone else's day! A smile, a kind word, a helping hand. A letter, a phone call, a little extra something to bring a smile to someone's face! 



Also, if you don't know who The Piano Guys are, you are missing out! Go like their Facebook page HERE! And check out their music on Youtube HERE!!! 

P.s. Yes, Steven Sharp Nelson REALLY did name my violin! :) 


4 comments:

  1. That's really cool! I love the Piano Guys. I also didn't know you played the violin. How did I not know this???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love, love, love The Piano Guys!!! Yep, I do! And I don't know how you didn't know. Though I suppose I don't really talk about it much. Not nearly as much as I do about books and writing. :D

      Delete
  2. The "Piano Guys " are amazingly good.
    By clicking the like button on your "Facebook" Mr. Nelson showed his appreciation of the people who like The Piano Guys and also appreciation of music. Modern times are getting better in music and young people are combining the Eastern spirituality with Western upbeat to create things like the video you just shared with us all. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are! I LOVE them!!!! He did and it just made my whole week!!! <3 <3

      Delete