Saturday, March 23, 2013

Book Tour: Feudlings ~ Guest Post with Wendy Knight




Nothing makes a new school suck worse than discovering the guy you’re in love with is your prophesied
nemesis.

Ari is the most powerful flame-throwing sorceress ever, and her people’s last hope in an ancient war. But she’s also a seventeen-year-old girl, and in her free, not-hunting-nemesis times, she jumps from school to school,trying to figure out regular people her own age and pretending she’ll get the chance to graduate.

Shane lives a double life. He goes to school and masters the art of popularity, hiding the fact that he has a fate with a slim chance of his survival. He’s destined to end a 300 year-old war by killing or being killed. He know she’s hunted by a powerful enemy who’s not afraid to die. Only problem? He has no idea who that enemy is.

When Ari shows up at Shane’s school, angry and sullen and determined to keep him at arm’s reach, neither
of them realize they are supposed to be killing each other, not falling in love. Until Ari does realize it, and she
almost dies – by Shane’s hand.



Guest Post: 

Thank you sooo much for having me, Konstanz! I cannot thank you enough!

I have to tell your readers, first, how grateful I am for you! The day my book launched, I was completely overwhelmed. The outpouring of support I received from family and friends was incredible! Konstanz (whose name I absolutely LOVE and want to have another child just to name her Konstanz…) shared my links, posted a giveaway on her blog, and basically held my hand all day long while I had a nervous breakdown. I LOVE her!

So that leads me to my blog post – Why having an awesome support group is so important. They say that
being a writer is a lonely profession. I believe the opposite. Although, when I wrote Feudlings, it was lonely.
And it took me two years. Lots of nights up all by myself with no one to talk to or brainstorm with (except my husband. My poor, poor overworked husband who puts up with my constant chatter). But once I started trying to edit it, I realized I had no insight. I needed outside help. I started reaching out to other writers and discovered how amazing the writing community is – everyone is sooo supportive! I joined chat rooms and Facebook
groups and critique groups and those things all helped me make Feudlings the story that it is.

Plus, it might seem counter-productive, but being in a chat room helped me increase my productivity TONS.
Although I do chat a lot, I also have people to brainstorm with, and they cheer me on and listen to me cry and calm me down when I’m on the brink of a complete mental collapse. Also, I wrote the sequel to Feudlings in less than a year, and I've written two more books since.

And then we come to my release. I figured my family would buy my book, and my very good friends. But I
was completely overwhelmed with friends, acquaintances, family, so many people supporting me, helping me
through it, offering to post reviews or blog posts – friends like Konstanz who I knew before but, wow! I would have been lost without them all!

I love the writing community. And I love the readers. So in that roundabout way, we come to my point. Having an awesome support group makes the writing journey So. Amazing.





Wendy Knight was born and raised in Utah by a wonderful family who spoiled her rotten because she was the baby. Now she spends her time driving her husband crazy with her many eccentricities (no water after five,
terror when faced with a live phone call, etcetera, etcetera). She also enjoys chasing her three adorable kids, playing tennis, watching football, reading, and hiking. Camping is also big: her family is slowly working toward
a goal of seeing all the National Parks in the U.S.
You can usually find her with at least one Pepsi nearby, wearing ridiculously high heels for whatever the occasion may be. And if everything works out just right, she will also be writing.









CLICK HERE to check out the current giveaway going on for an e-copy of Feudlings right here on the blog! 


Oh yeah, and I'm about to sweeten the pot.  You see, if you buy Feudlings between now and April 1st, I will send you a swag pack full of bookmarks, pins, pencils, bracelets, and other goodies! (Each pack will vary).  US only, sorry.  Open to the first 20 people who enter. 

What do you have to do? E-mail me a a picture of you and your copy of Feudlings (on whatever e-reader you have) OR forward a copy of your receipt to me ALONG WITH your US mailing address where I can send your prize! 


nothought2small(at)gmail(dot)com

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for having me today, Konstanz! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could say the same about Facebook... well, actually I do say it helps me, but it doesn't really. I never really get on in chat rooms. I sign up and then completely forget about them. Good luck with your novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Facebook can be very good or very horrible or just somewhere in between. :)

      Delete