Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Kindling ~ A Book Review


All thirteen-year-old Connor Dell wants to do is pass pre-algebra, play lacrosse, and possibly kiss Melanie Stephens, but when a run-in with the school bully ignites strange powers inside him, Connor's normal teenage life goes up in flames. Now he'll need his new powers to defeat the Darkness that's coming for him. Fast-paced and original, this book's guaranteed to keep you guessing!

My Review: 

The Kindling is a wonderful story full of magic and epic battles! A battle between Light and Darkness like no other. A very enjoyable read that is something the whole family will love.  It made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me wonder where book two is when I got to the last page.  

Side note: The synopsis mentions Connor specifically but Melanie and Lexa also play major 
parts in the story. 

The Kindling is definitely Middle Grade but If you're a fan of Fablehaven, you will love The Kindling! 






No comments:

Post a Comment